Fax over IP (FoIP) is a software-based technology that compliments and leverages your existing Voice over IP (VoIP) network and eliminates the need for traditional fax boards. In a FoIP environment, Fax boards are replaced by Dialogic’s SR140 Software. The fax is converted from a t.30 protocol (Fax Voice Protocol) to t.38 (FoIP Protocol) via either a media gateway device, or an IP PBX. Many organizations leverage the FoIP technology to allow them to virtualize their fax environment.
With FoIP, your organization can expect all the advantages, reliability, and security of a traditional fax server solution, but with added benefits, virtualization brings, and a unified communications strategy that's inclusive of fax.
FoIP Can Help Your Organization by:
• Lowering hardware and energy costs through virtualization
• Reducing telephony costs
• Leveraging your existing VoIP network
• Fitting seamlessly into unified messaging and communication strategies, including SIP trunking
• Simplifying redundancy and disaster recovery
• Maximizing existing network resources and infrastructure